108790 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: backup with cpio or tar largefiles

SOLVED
Go to solution
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Note that this version of libiconv is newer. I would do a swremove of libiconv and then swinstall the newer version.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Jairo Campana
Trusted Contributor

too probe with version libiconv-1.9 I obtain the same error
legionx
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

That's rather strange. I just installed gettext 0.12, libiconv 1.9, and Gnu tar 1.13.25 on 11.11 (using the 11.0 depots) and tar works perfectly. I wonder if you are overriding the defaults with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or SHLIB_PATH. Do an ldd on /usr/local/bin/tar and examine your shared library dependencies.

Judging from my install, I would say that if you remove all three then install libiconv, gettext, and tar and SHLIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are left undefined then it should work.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Jairo Campana
Trusted Contributor

I install libiconv 1.9 in other server in mode no trusted ,installed gettext 0.12, libiconv 1.9, and Gnu tar 1.13.25 on 11.11 (using the 11.0 depots) and tar works perfectly.

after for probe:
after I made the steps that say A. Clay remove all three then install libiconv, gettext, and tar and SHLIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are left undefined then it should work

works perfectly , no errors using tar in both servers .

thanks for all
legionx
twang
Honored Contributor

If you have not to move the backup to other platform (no hpux), I suggest to use fbackup/frecover:
To store a particular directory:
fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i /tmp

To recover a particular directory:
frecover -vx -i /tmp -f /dev/rmt/0m