108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: can not have access to files

Efim Kushnir
Frequent Advisor

can not have access to files

Hello.
Sorry for my English.

I have D220 server with HP-UX 10.20, AdvancedServer/9000, OmniStorage 2.20.
Also is SureStore Optical 40fx attached to server.

I use MO Library for files-archive.
All files in MO-disks now.

When I try to get access to files through AdvancedServer I see what files are placed in the root catalogue. As soon as I try to get access to the files placed in internal catalogues, file-browser does not answer and after that the system (windows2000) informs on inaccessibility of this network disk.

Too most occurs, when I try to get access to these files on FTP. Process of copying begins and the FTP-client does not answer at a stage " the answer of a server is expected ".

The day before yesterday at us successful process of migration of files from the basic file system (placed on HDD) on MO - library was.

After that there is such situation.

What is the experts can advise for the decision of a problem of access to file archives.

At once I shall make a reservation, backup on our system is not present.

BR,
Efim
Look for the answers, do not stop !
5 REPLIES 5
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Hi

Try to configure Distributed file system (DFS)in windows 2000 server.
Include the unix asu share in DFS tree . Try again

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Darren Prior
Honored Contributor

Hi Efim,

Your English is far better than my Russian.

If you cannot access the files using Advanced Server, or using ftp it suggests that there may be a problem with the files on the MO.

To check this you could try using ftp from your Windows 2000 system to get some files from the HDD of the 10.20 server. If this works then you will need to investigate the files on the MO.

regards,

Darren.
Calm down. It's only ones and zeros...
Efim Kushnir
Frequent Advisor

Hello Darren,
I tried it to do still yesterday - is works.

I'm understand that problem with MO.

I tried to start a command "rebuild" on MO file system.
It all over again has fulfilled normally, and has then given out a mistake that cannot make "rebuild".

All sense is to get normal access to the information on ????-disks and to understand why I now it I have no.

I tried to address in ????-service in Moscow, but to me have answered, that SW the engineer there is not present and it is necessary to address to Europe, for money.
For us it is an impossible variant.

What you still can advise?

BR,
Efim
Darren Prior
Honored Contributor

Hi Efim,

I'm sorry - I know very little about MO; I was just trying to break the problem down logically :)

Have you ever been able to use the MO correctly? If not, then you may want to check for any specific patches for its' driver.

IF your contract details are linked to your ITRC login you should be able to access the technical knowledge database, which may be able to help you.

regards,

Darren.
Calm down. It's only ones and zeros...
Efim Kushnir
Frequent Advisor

Hello.
All begin from it:

----------------------------------------------
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xf14435a43b46d71190080090279cd0f9,00.html
----------------------------------------------

After that I was do full inventory and OmniStorage was find all MO-disk and fix it.

After that the system without assistance migrate the files on MO-disks. It operation was good passed.

And as a result we can't have access to our files.

Regret I have not good knowledge in this area too.

And what can I do now ? (payment call to HP - impossible :-))) )

Can somebody give me of good advice how solve it situation ?

BR,
Efim.