1748019 Members
4639 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: can someone help me on this one ?

Stefan Paitoni
Advisor

can someone help me on this one ?

I post this message on monday and nobody replied.
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xd0670b0717d1d5118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

Hi,
I am using sockets to access a X.25 network. I needed to increase the size of socket buffers (with setsockopt()) because I encountered OOB_VC_MSG_TOO_BIG out-of-band event. I looked in HP documentation (X.25/9000 Programmer's guide) and I saw that the maximum size was 58,254 bytes, which is not enough for me ! I tried 80,000 bytes and it worked ! Is it because the HP system has an ACC card ? So what is the maximum value ? (I dont want to test several values to know what is the maximum one!). In what documentation can I find that value ?
2 REPLIES 2
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Stefan:

Who cares? The easy way to do this and not be concerned about what hardware is being used, what OS release, what patches have been applied is to simply let the box tell you.

Loop calling setsockopt with increasing buffer sizes until a) your buffer is big enough or b) you get a return value of -1 in which case reduce to the last good value.

My 2 cents, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Stefan Paitoni
Advisor

I cannot do that loopback test because that system is not in our premises (it's 1500km far away), and it's a production system, and we dont have a system like that in our lab.
Thanks for the solution (which was in my question !!!)