1752295 Members
5086 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: can't use "at" after "su - "

Jay D Koonz
Occasional Advisor

can't use "at" after "su - "

I can login directly as "root", type in "at" and it comes back with the nothing prompt so I can input what I want to run, works fine.
If I login as someone else, then "su - " over to root, and type in "at", I get "nothing specified" and it ends.
Huh ???
Ride Boldly Ride, but watch out for El Dorados
6 REPLIES 6
Jose Mosquera
Honored Contributor

well, I suposse that you are login fron root with "su - new_user", Is this new_user is declarated in the at.allow file?

Looking for at.allow file in /var/spool/...

Rgds.
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

I see the same thing. If I login as me and not do the su and try it, I get the same thing. I don't see anything obvious in my stty -a output to cause this. It's not noted in the man page for at as such, but perhaps the multiple-commandline entry format only works for root?

mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Paul Sperry
Honored Contributor

Check the following files:

/usr/lib/cron/at.allow List of allowed users
/usr/lib/cron/at.deny List of denied users
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Jay,

I just tried the same scenario and it works just fine. I'm wondering, as Paul mentioned, if you don't have something funny in your at.allow and/or your at.deny files. Could you post the contents of both?

Pete

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Jay,

Ok, another thought - I just noticed where you said you get "nothing specified". What happens if you just su (without the -) - maybe there's something in root's environment.

Pete

Pete
Jay D Koonz
Occasional Advisor

Boy do I feel stupid.
If I type in "at", I get the "Nothing Specified" message. But if I type in "at now", it works just fine.
Hey, it's a Friday and I just bought a new motorcycle so my brain hasn't returned to normal yet. Sorry for the bother.
Ride Boldly Ride, but watch out for El Dorados