4214 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

configuring informix in MC/SG

V Panchapakesan
Advisor

configuring informix in MC/SG

Hello,
I'm expected to configure the Informix as a package in MC/SG (HP-UX 11.00).
I wanted to have some hints or detailed procedure to configure the same. I wanted details for events where customer has (i) Cluster tool kit (ii) without cluster tool kit.
I'm sure of assistance. Thanks in advance.
Bye
I WANT TO BELIEVE
3 REPLIES 3
Chin Guan
Valued Contributor

Re: configuring informix in MC/SG

Once you install MC/SG Informix Toolkit, you would be able to see the steps to configure informix package in README file (step by step).

If you are not using the toolkit, you will need to write your own startup/shutdown script, monitor scripts, that would be very much depends on your knowledge of MC/Serviceguard, Informix and shell script programming skills.
Juan Gonz├бlez
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
be care with MC/SG Informix Toolkit because it assumes that you only run one instance of Informix for cluster and it kill all oninit process when you halt one package with Informix. We made our own start and stop scripts but we didn't made a monitor script.

Best regards
Fergus Hayne
Occasional Advisor

Our MC/SG used to use the tool kit, but it was no good when we were running two instances of the database and it was not Informix friendly.

I have recently written the attached scripts to control informix in the cluster, they may help you.
hmm