7233 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

dumping packet from message queue to database

Shivakumar_3
Advisor

dumping packet from message queue to database

hello everybody,
I have a 512bytes packet in message queue and i want to dump this packet into database(oracle 10g in HP-UX 11i server).How shall i go about it.Should i use any language like pro*c.Please help me out.
5 REPLIES 5
VEL_1
Valued Contributor

Re: dumping packet from message queue to database

Hi,

Use 'C' language to get the packet from messafe queue. Use the 'C' networking concepts to get the packets from the message queue. Store the packet as pcap format into file. After that, u can save this file to database.

Thanks.
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Hi

I suppose you can use Pro*C (You will require ANSI C compiler too).
If the packet is not structured data you could store it in LOB datatype :
============================================

Large Object (LOB) Datatypes

The built-in LOB datatypes BLOB, CLOB, and NCLOB (stored internally) and BFILE (stored externally) can store large and unstructured data such as text, image, video, and spatial data. The size of BLOB, CLOB, and NCLOB data can be up to (4 gigabytes -1) * (the value of the CHUNK parameter of LOB storage). If the tablespaces in your database are of standard block size, and if you have used the default value of the CHUNK parameter of LOB storage when creating a LOB column, then this is equivalent to (4 gigabytes - 1) * (database block size). BFILE data can be up to 232-1 bytes, although your operating system may impose restrictions on this maximum.
============================================
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/sql_elements001.htm#sthref182

Regards
Jean-Luc
fiat lux
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

Pro*C should help. You can ask this question at HP-UX aCC developer mailing list.
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/ml/ml_MailingLists_IDX/1,1275,,00.html#24

-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,
with 10g, i would prefer to go for external tables alternative. so you will be able to query these from the database itself.

hope this helps!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)