1753278 Members
5508 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: error message ora-00600

ngaya

error message ora-00600

Hi,
I have a database oracle 8.0.5 installed on HP UNIX 11 .
when I want to start it, I receive the error message follow:

ORA-00600: INTERNAL ERROR CODE, ARGUMENTS: [KCCSBCK_FIRST],[1], [1858964778],[],[],[],[],[].

and yet is a database which functioned very well becomes yesterday. this message appeared after the total stopping of the HP UNIX server and since the restart of the HP UNIX, I have now this message .anyone has an idea?
or how to make for the resolve it ? .
thank you for your assistance.

5 REPLIES 5
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

According to the Oracle metalink site, this is a known bug with a variety of causes. You have to install some patches for Oracle to fix this.

mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

from Metalink:

Doc ID: Note:139013.1
Subject: ORA-600 [kccsbck_first]
Type: REFERENCE
Content Type: TEXT/PLAIN
Creation Date: 02-APR-2001
Last Revision Date: 11-DEC-2003

Note: For additional ORA-600 related information please read [NOTE:146580.1]

PURPOSE:This article discusses the internal error "ORA-600 [kccsbck_first]", what it means and possible actions. The information here is only applicable to the versions listed and is provided only for guidance.

ERROR: ORA-600 [kccsbck_first][a][b]
VERSIONS: versions 8.0.X - 9.X DESCRIPTION: We receive this error because we are attempting to be the first thread/instance to mount the database and cannot because it appears that at least one other thread has mounted the database already. We therfore abort the mount attempt and log this error.

ARGUMENTS: Arg [a] thread number which has database mounted Arg [b] mount id of the thread

FUNCTIONALITY: CONTROL FILE

COMPONENT IMPACT: PROCESS FAILURE GENERALLY NON CORRUPTIVE - No underlying data corruption. Although the Alert in Note:137322.1 for Tru64

SUGGESTIONS: See article: [NOTE:157536.1] ORA-600 [KCCSBCK_FIRST]

What to check Reference Notes: [NOTE:137322.1] ALERT: Node panic or shutdown can cause partitioned cluster and database corruption 8.1.5 - 8.1.7 Tru64

[NOTE:139812.1] ORA-600 [KCCSBCK_FIRST] When starting up second instance

[NOTE:105904.1] ORA-600 [KCCSBCK_FIRST] After Failed Migration 805/816 For repeatable occurrances, please submit the trace files and alert.log to Oracle Support Services for further analysis. Known Issues: Bug# 2695783 P* See Note 2695783.8 * This bug is alerted in

[NOTE:247025.1] Win: OERI:[KCCSBCK_FIRST] possible if Oracle & CM restarted Fixed: 9.2.0.3 Bug# 2646914 P* See Note 2646914.8 * This bug is alerted in

[NOTE:247025.1] Linux: OERI:[KCCSBCK_FIRST] possible on node startup Fixed: 9.2.0.4 Bug# 1379200 TRU64 - Node panic or shutdown can cause partitioned cluster and database corruption Fixed in releases 8.1.7.1 and 9.0.1.0. *note* the fix is missing from the 8.1.7.3 Patchset - see Bug:2309648
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Ngaya,

In addition to the above good solutions here is an article which could aid in resolving the ORA-600 issue.

This document helps to resolve problems with the error ora-600[kccsbck_first].

The ORA-600[kccsbck_first] error occurs when Oracle detects that another instance has this database already mounted. For some reason, Oracle already sees a thread with a heartbeat. This could be the expected behaviour if running OPS. In such a case the parallel_server parameter needs to be set. In cases where Parallel Server is not linked in, this is not the expected behaviour.

WHAT TO CHECK at this stage:

1- You try to start the instance you just created
sqlplus> startup

ORA-600[KCCSBCK_FIRST]

The error is recorded only on the screen and no errors are reported in the %ORACLE_HOME%/rdbms/log/alert_%ORACLE_SID%.log.

Several other instances run fine on the box. None of them has a similar db_name. They all run different Oracle versions.

Solution 1:

Make sure that the initSID.ora soft link points to the correct release location.

The reason is initSID.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs is pointing to a higher release of
Oracle. E.g., init.ora points to 8.1.5 instead of 8.0.5. The database and software versions need to be synchronized.

2- You are Mounting Second Instance when other Instance is running Restarting instance while other instance is running fails.Executing the following sql:

SQL>Alter database mount

you receive the following error code:

ORA-00600 [KCCSBCK_FIRST]

with stack: ksedmp ksfdmp kgesinv ksesin kccsbck kccocf kcfcmb kcfmdb

The reason is it is a Bug:2646914

3 Check the parameters
You encounter these 2 errors:

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kccsbck_first],[1],[number]

AND ORA-00439 "feature not enabled: %s"

Please check the "init.ora" to verify that the "parallel_server" option is not set. Setting the parameter "Parallel_Server" to true in the "init.ora"of both instances yields these errors.

You need to make sure you can start up all your Parallel Server instances in shared mode successfully.

The reason is

The new parameter "PARALLEL_SERVER" was introduced in 8.x. When this parameter is set to TRUE, then the instance will always come up in shared
mode. When "parallel_server=false" or not set in "init.ora", the instance will always startup in exclusive mode. The first instance will start up successfully, but the second or subsequent OPS instances will fail. Make sure you can start up all your Parallel Server instances in shared mode successfully.

4- ORA-600 [kccsbck_rtenq] Trying to start an Oracle Parallel Server database

ORA-600 [kccsbck_rtenq]

From the alert.log:

Mon Jan 31 08:48:41 2000
Errors in file /u01/app/oracle/admin/nps3/udump/ora_6676.trc:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kccsbck _rtenq], [1],
[3775228464], [], [], [], [], []

When trying to start the second node in cluster, you encounter this error:

ORA-600 [kccsbck_first]

Ensure the 'oracle' binary is the same across all nodes of the OPS cluster. Specifically, check that the GROUPS are the same on each node.
For example:

Node jag2:
% ls -l oracle
oracle backup 28262400, Jan 31 1:15

Node jag1:
% ls -l oracle
oracle backup 28262400, Jan 31 1 :26

Logged in as the 'oracle' software owner...

Node jag1:
%id uid=1001, gid=13, groups=101 dba
Node jag2:
%id uid=1001, gid=13, groups =15 users, 101

Note that the primary GROUPS displayed for the oracle user are not the same on each node of the cluster. Correct this and restart the OGMS to correct the problem.

The reason is it is assumed that the lock management/node monitor divides up the lock domain by unix group id. Instances with the same dbname should belong to the same lock domain, therefore the user which starts the instance must belong to the same groups.

5- ON STARTUP AFTER DATABASE CRASHED

You are attempting to start your database after it crashed, and are getting the following errors on startup mount:

skgm warning: Not enough physical memory for SHM_SHARE_MMU segment of size 000000000795a000

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kccsbck_first], [1], [3141290959]

- check if background processes for this SID are still running and kill them
with the unix kill command.

- check also if shared memory segments still exist for this instance and
remove them.

See <68281.1>
- check also if the "sgadefSID" file exists in the "$ORACLE_HOME/dbs"
directory for the SID and remove it.

- check if OPS is linked in:
$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
$ ar tv libknlopt* | grep kcs
$ kcsm.o => OPS is linked in
$ ksnkcs.o => OPS is not linked in

The reason is in most cases when a shutdown abort is issued for an instance, the background processes will die. In this case they did not. There was not enough information to determine why the database crashed and the Oracle background processes continued to run. Other things to check for ,in this case, are shared memory segments that are still running for the instance that crashed, and the "sgadefSID" file existence in the "$ORACLE_HOME/dbs" directory for the SID that is receiving the error.

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
Marty Metras
Super Advisor

I to am on Oracle 8.0.5. Most all of the ORA-600 errors I use to get were because of some users trying to grab too big of a chunk of data at one time.
I had no luck with the patch for this (8.0.6)
I increased the size of the TEMP and RBS tablespaces and it seamed to help. I only get one once in a while.
I also plan to upgrade to Oracle 8i thad not seem to have this proble.
Marty
The only thing that always remain the same are the changes.
Steven E. Protter
Exalted Contributor

ORA-06000 is usually a generic, I found and error but have no idea what happened issue.

It would appear that in this case the document you I see posted might be of assistance.

I would in your seat, follow that first. If it does not help, you may next need to look for corrupt binaries.

That would mean relinking or copying the make files from a working server to fix the issue.

SEP
Steven E Protter
Owner of ISN Corporation
http://isnamerica.com
http://hpuxconsulting.com
Sponsor: http://hpux.ws
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpuxlinux
Founder http://newdatacloud.com