Operating System - HP-UX
1752794 Members
6419 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: help with shutting down crs service...

K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

help with shutting down crs service...

All,
I tried this:
[root@rac1pub init.d]# ./init.crs stop
Shutting down Oracle Cluster Ready Services (CRS):
Shutting down CRS daemon.
Shutting down EVM daemon.
Shutting down CSS daemon.
Shutdown request successfully issued.

[root@rac1pub init.d]# ps -efw|grep ora
oracle 3518 1 0 May04 ? 00:00:00 /u04/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/bin/tnslsnr LISTENER_RAC1PUB -inherit
oracle 3563 1 0 May04 ? 00:00:00 /u04/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/opmn/bin/ons -d
oracle 3564 3563 0 May04 ? 00:00:00 /u04/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/opmn/bin/ons -d
root 7718 2826 0 08:30 ? 00:00:00 sshd: oracle [priv]

As you see the stop/start script does not properly shutdown the service. Besides doing a manuall kill on the service, is there a proper way of stopping the service "ons service which is still running" after a shutdown script was issue?

Thanks.
Reputation of a thousand years can be determined by the conduct of an hour
2 REPLIES 2
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It seems your are not stoping the listener (LISTENER_RAC1PUB). Anyway, in Oracle 8 (and previous versions I think), it was not necessary to shut down the listeners at all (to make a cold backup for example). About those ons processes you must know what kind of processes are they before changing anything.

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes, from the output it appears that your listner is not stopped. Issue following command to shut listener "lsnrtctl stop".

Your script is only shutting down database not listener and not listener. You can modify your script or manually run this command to shut listener.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"