1748185 Members
3950 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ignite problem

Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

ignite problem

I installed ignite for 10.01. When I ran the 'make_recovery' command, it came back with a host of errors. Firstly, several lvols were not active(?), or couldn't find host 'name'. Any ideas out there?

Frustrated in Cleveland
Should have been an astronaut.
11 REPLIES 11
Sachin Patel
Honored Contributor

Hi Ron,
Check you /etc/fstab and /etc/mnttab file. If you have entry in mnttab and that disk is not accessable you will have a trouble doing make_recovery.

Sachin
Is photography a hobby or another way to spend $
Eileen Millen
Trusted Contributor

You probably only want to do the archive of your root volume vg00. If there are any disks
entries in /etc/fstab, that can't be found, make_recovery will complain about them. You could comment the entries out of fstab.
Varghese Mathew
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

This is problem with the entries in your /etc/fstab file or /etc/mnttab file. You need to remove the unwanted entries in these files - please verify which entries have to be removed by comparing teh errors from make_recovery output and the lines in /etc/fstab.

After correcting the above, if the machine still gives hostname errors while doing the make_recoery , go ahead with fixing up this issue with the command #set_parms myserver
, then follow the insructions on the screen.

Hope this helps,
Cheers!!!
Mathew
Cheers !!!
Varghese Mathew
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I think i have posted a wrong entry in the last reply in the forum. Please ignore it.

This is problem with the entries in
your /etc/fstab file or /etc/mnttab file. You need to remove the unwanted entries in these files - please verify which entries have to be removed by comparing teh errors from make_recovery output and the lines in /etc/fstab.

After correcting the above, if the machine still gives hostname errors while doing the make_recoery , go ahead with fixing up this issue with the command

#set_parms hostname

, then follow the insructions on the screen.

Hope this helps,
Cheers!!!
Mathew
Cheers !!!
Magdi KAMAL
Respected Contributor

Hi Ron

If you got MC Service/Guard running on your node and these volumes groups are active on other nodes, it's normal that make_recovery reports that these volume groups are not active.

But could not find hostname is really a problem, you may use "set_parms serverName" and continue with the interactive step by step configuration.

Check /etc/fstab and add any missing entry according to the result of the command "bdf"

Check also your /etc/mnntab and add any missing entry according to the result of the command "bdf"

And then repeat your make_recovery.

Magdi
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Ok, here's what I found. There's nothing listed in bdf, that's not listed in fstab, or mnttab. HOWEVER, when I went into SAM, (I know...bad sys admin, bad,) and checked 'disk devices', it complained that it was unable to determine the model of the disk drive at hw path 56/48.9.0, 56/48.10.0, 56/48.12.0, 56/48.13.0, or 56/52.2.0. I ran ioscan, and 56/52.2.0 is a cdrom drive, and the rest are hard disk drives, all claimed. Now I may be just a little out of my league here, but, is it possible that these devices have gone south? If they're claimed, but unix complains about them, what else could it be?

sleepless and dying in cleveland
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Or, he said, grasping at straws, could it be the fact that lvol1 is spanning 3 different vg's? I inherited this sytem. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

me
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

post up

mount -p
cat /etc/fstab
vgdisplay -v vg00
diskinfo -v /dev/dsk/cxt9d0
for all the bad disks

Later,
Bill

It works for me (tm)
Sachin Patel
Honored Contributor

Hi Ron,
Run vgdisplay -v vg0? and it will tells you how many disk are belong to that vg.

Sachin
Is photography a hobby or another way to spend $