Operating System - HP-UX
1748147 Members
3696 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: login in database other than oracle id - /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libodm9.sl

Jayesh Dave_1
Occasional Advisor

login in database other than oracle id - /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libodm9.sl

I have just installed oracle9i on HP and facing problem when I try to logon in database without oracle id. If I login as oracle id it works fine. I read some documents about it and it helped to find out to look for which library is missing. I used chatr oracle and found that libodm9.sl, libskgxn9.sl, libjox9.sl libraries missing in path. Where do I find this library HELP !!!!!! - Thanks in advance

echo $ORACLE_SID
HP9ISTDV

sqlplus system/manager

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Thu Aug 14 09:04:45 2003

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libodm9.sl'.
ERROR:
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

Enter user-name:

====

ls -lt oracle
-rwsr-sr-x 1 oracle dba 75686040 May 12 2002 oracle

====

chatr oracle
oracle:
64-bit ELF executable
shared library dynamic path search:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH enabled first
SHLIB_PATH enabled second
embedded path enabled third /b/s425/rdbms/lib/:/b/s425/lib/:/usr/lib/pa20_64:/opt/langtools/lib/pa20_64:
shared library list:
libodm9.sl
libskgxn9.sl
libjox9.sl
libcl.2
librt.2
libpthread.1
libnss_dns.1
libdl.1
libm.2
libc.2
shared library binding:
deferred
global hash table disabled
shared library mapped private disabled
shared library segment merging disabled
shared vtable support disabled
segments:
index type address flags size
6 text 4000000000000000 z-r-c 64M
7 data 8000000100000000 ---m- L (largest possible)
executable from stack: D (default)
kernel assisted branch prediction enabled
lazy swap allocation for dynamic segments disabled

Has anyone installed oracle9i on 32 bit HP? When you run getconf KERNEL_BITS on HP - UX what do you see before you installed oracle? - Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: login in database other than oracle id - /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libodm9.sl

chatr reports that the program will use the SHLIB_PATH variable if set. Like $PATH (/etc/PATH), SHLIB_PATH is maintained in /etc/SHLIB_PATH so make sure that:

1. /etc/SHLIB_PATH contains the path to the libraries you need,

2. set SHLIB_PATH in your logon profile as in:

SHLIB_PATH=$(cat /etc/SHLIB_PATH)

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Jayesh Dave_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your quick answer but little confuse. Here is what I have

1) my original shlib_path

echo $LIBPATH
/sbd4/t80o9i/tuxedo8.0/lib:/venus/ora9i/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1/lib32:/venus/ora9i/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1/sqlplus/lib32::/usr/lib:/lib

2) cd /lib

ls -lt libodm9.sl libskgxn9.sl libjox9.sl
libodm9.sl not found
libskgxn9.sl not found
libjox9.sl not found

3) cd /usr/lib

ls -lt libodm9.sl libskgxn9.sl libjox9.sl
libodm9.sl not found
libskgxn9.sl not found
libjox9.sl not found

4) As per your advice

export SHLIB_PATH=$(cat /etc/SHLIB_PATH)
echo $SHLIB_PATH
/usr/lib:/opt/graphics/phigs/lib:/etc/opt/resmon/lib

sqlplus system/manager

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Thu Aug 14 09:40:47 2003

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libodm9.sl'.
ERROR:
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

Enter user-name:

HELP !!!!!!!!

Has anyone installed oracle9i on 32 bit HP? When you run getconf KERNEL_BITS on HP - UX what do you see before you installed oracle? - Thanks
Umapathy S
Honored Contributor

Jayesh,
Check the LD_LIBRARY_PATH under Oracle user id. Export the same under other users also.

HTH,
Umapathy

Arise Awake and Stop NOT till the goal is Reached!
Keith Bevan_1
Trusted Contributor

I have seen this problem and the same error on on previous db applications (informix and oracle)when the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not explicitly set, or set incorrectly.

/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl error

As per previous advice please ensure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set with the correct path for your oracle libaries, and thuis needs to be set in the calling profile or script prior to invoking the application.

The correct required path should be detailed in you installation notes that accompany the oracle product.

Keith
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem
Francis_12
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

The chatr output you provided indicates :

i. this is a 64 bit executable
ii. LD_LIBRRAY_PATH and SHLIB_PATH will be searched
iii. the embedded path is searched if a shared lib is not in LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or SHLIB_PATH
iv. the list of shared libraries to be loaded at runtime is given

Can you check if this libobm9.sl is correctly pointed by all possibilities (including the embedded paths : third /b/s425/rdbms/lib/:/b/s425/lib/:/usr/lib/pa20_64:/opt/langtools/lib/pa20_64)

Note that if a executable has the setuid bit set (pls check a ls -la oracle and check for the 's' bit), as in the case of the oracle
executable, then SHLIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are ignored (unless the userid and groupid of the user executing the command matches that of the executable).

In this case, the embedded path is always used to find the shared libraries !

If the embedded path is incorrect, then
i. ensure $ORACLE_HOME is set correctly
ii. relink the problem executable. The supplied makefile has the required
ld flags to enable the embedded path (+b, +s)
For example,
% make -f ins_rdbms.mk oracle

For setuid executables, an incorrect embedded path will typically lead to non-oracle
users getting runtime errors even when LD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or SHLIB_PATH are set
correctly.

Hope this helps, Bye.

Francis DERDEYN - HP-UX ASCE.
Jayesh Dave_1
Occasional Advisor

I don't find these 3 libraries in any path. Is any patch I have to apply to get this library??

libodm9.sl
libskgxn9.sl
libjox9.sl

Thanks
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

I would prefer to:

i. ensure the paths for
- $ORACLE_HOME
- $SHLIB_PATH
- LD_LIBRARY_PATH
are set correctly
ii. relink the executables.

If the problem remains unresolved, contact Oracle support providing the following information:

- screen output
- chatr output
- ls output
- tusc output

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

Unset your SHLIB_PATH variable completely, cd $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/lib and run "make -f ins_sqlplus.mk install". This will relink sqlplus. See if this resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Brian