New Discussion юеВ

Re: mount of a cdrom

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thamm
Occasional Advisor

mount of a cdrom

hello,
after mounting (mount /dev/dsk/c0t1d0 /cdrom) cdrom (used for an oracle-upgrade) Ifind the following strage output:
l /ora920_2
CDLABEL.ASC;1, CDLABEL.EBC;1, COPY_TM.HTM;1, COPY_TM.TXT;1, CRCFILE.DAT;1, LABEL.ASC;1, LABEL.EBC;1, META-INF,
UNIX, VERSION.ASC;1, VERSION.EBC;1

Is there a special mount option for windows/dos-cds?

Thank you in advance,
Stefan
11 REPLIES 11
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Stefan,

It sounds like you need to look at pfs_mount. Check this thread:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x90415c7609e9d61190050090279cd0f9,00.html

Pete

Pete
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

/dev/dsk/c0t1d0 ???

Can you verify this server and O/S please? For most CDROM devices are more like c2t5d0.

HP-UX uses 'pfs_mount' but Oracle should have provided details about this. For example:

pfs_mount -o xlat=unix /dev/rdsk/c2t2d0 /cdrom

pfs_umount -c /cdrom
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Rainer von Bongartz
Honored Contributor

Try mounting with

mount -F cdfs -o rr /dev/dsk/... /cdrom

Regards
Rainer
He's a real UNIX Man, sitting in his UNIX LAN making all his UNIX plans for nobody ...
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

You can also look into the RockRidge extension patches which eliminate the need to use the problematic pfs_mount command.

Quoting from Merijn (Procura) on his web page at http://www.cmve.net/~merijn/

My CD-ROM doesn't show what I expect

It can be an Oracle CD-ROM, or a CD created on Windows, or whereever they used Rock Ridge extensions. Long names are truncated or show upper case only. Oracle tells you to use pfs_mount.

Do not use pfs_mount!. Install the Rock-Ridge extension patches instead and never worry about these problems. For HP-UX 11.00 you will need forget all about PFS and install PHKL_26448 (now superceded by PHKL_28060), PHCO_26449, and PHKL_26450 to have HP-UX recognize those file systems automatically on mount! For HP-UX 11i you need PHCO_25841, PHKL_26269, and PHKL_25760.

No need thereafter to use -o cdfs to mount anymore, provided you enter the CD drive in /etc/fstab like this:

/dev/cd0 /cdrom cdfs ro,rr,noauto 0 0

Pete

Pete
Fred Martin_1
Valued Contributor

I use these switches:

-F cdfs -r -o cdcase

-F is file system type, -o are options which apparently are specific for each file system type. cdcase will fix the upper-case issue I think. -r is for read-only and I'm not convinced that's required for a cdrom.

To be honest these switches were handed to me by a consultant with a CD he'd given me and I looked around for a list of file system types and their respective options but couldn't find anything.

You could start with 'man 1M mount', and 'man fstyp' though.

Fred
fmartin@applicatorssales.com
Fred Martin_1
Valued Contributor

I use these switches:

-F cdfs -r -o cdcase

-F is file system type, -o are options which apparently are specific for each file system type. cdcase will fix the upper-case issue I think. -r is for read-only and I'm not convinced that's required for a cdrom.

To be honest these switches were handed to me by a consultant with a CD he'd given me and I looked around for a list of file system types and their respective options but couldn't find anything.

Fred
Fred Martin_1
Valued Contributor

I use these switches:

-F cdfs -r -o cdcase

Fred
Fred Martin_1
Valued Contributor

I use these switches:

-F cdfs -r -o cdcase

Fred
Fred Martin_1
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the stutter
Fred