1748123 Members
3288 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: oracle client 7.3.4

oracle client 7.3.4

Sqlworksheet runs rigth under win98, but if i try to use it in win millenium to access a oracle instance in hp-ux 10.20, the client can not execute commands it returns mgr-01507 and doesn't run the command.
7 REPLIES 7
linuxfan
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Oracle MGR-01507 errors is unable to open file "filename"

Cause: Server Manager was unable to open an existing file or create a new one.

Action: Check that the file exists and Server Manager can locate the file. Or make sure there is enough free disk space and you have sufficient privileges to create a file.

Are you trying to access the database as the same user or is it a new user? is the user defined the database?

-Regards
Ramesh
They think they know but don't. At least I know I don't know - Socrates

i am trying to acces with the same user and password than from win98, and to the same instance. Also I try to acces with the user system. In both cases i can connect, but when i write a command and click on execute command the message appears

this is the message sqlworksheet returns:
MGR-01507: no se ha podido abrir el fichero "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.sql"
And it is allwqys the same.
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Hi,

could it be, that write to c:\windows is restricted ?

Check environment:

SET TEMP=C:\TEMP
SET TMP=C:\TEMP

and create C:\TEMP

I think temp.sql should not be located in the windows directory !

Volker

I have change the enviroment but it doesn't solve thr error, and in win98 it runs ok with the same parameters, is in millenium where the problem is
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hello,

looks like hard-coded to me - you will have to
create the directory "c:\Windows", and perhaps
even "c:\Windows\Temp" to make it work :-(

HTH,
Wodisch

From sql plus 3.3 the system does the same. You can execute commands but you can not make a file in your local disk (spool file;.....;spool off;) it returns the error can not create spool.SQL. People from DELL (the machine is a DELL inspiron 8100) told me tha the problem was that oracle client doesn't work fine with processor speeder than 1 GHz and chipset intel 810 but i don't know if i can believe this.