New Discussion

oracle on hp-ux serviceguard

SOLVED
Go to solution
zaov
Occasional Contributor

oracle on hp-ux serviceguard

HI All.
I currently have a 2 node cluser serviceguard on HP-UX 11.23. Oracle binaries is install on each node local disk /oracle ... and my datafiles are in the oracle package. My plan is reconfigure oracle and put all oracle related files into the cluster package. Is this recommended? I couldn’t fine any material that suggested this type configuration
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: oracle on hp-ux serviceguard

That would give you a single point to maintain the Oracle binaries.

It really doesn't matter where they are.
Hasan  Atasoy
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi zaov ;

is it a rac or active-passve cluster . if it is an active passive cluster then it is acceptable or more suitable to put oracle binaries to cluster package. if rac then cfs or raw device ?

if cfs then single install on shared filesystem is also ok.

if raw there should be local install of oracle binaries .

Hasan
zaov
Occasional Contributor

Thanks the responses.you both answered my question . as for performance should i have different LUNS for each mount points? or install all into one mount b point /u01 with the exception of archive logs

thx
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

by putting the executibles on the package disks you have only one place to upgrade oracle.

Whether to put them in a single mount point depends on whether your filesystem stats show that the mount point is overtaxed and has a high reqest queue or whether it is under utilized. Given that database tablespace files are heavily written and read you probably want them on LVs on different luns than the executibles if possible.
zaov
Occasional Contributor

Thanks you all, for the great advises