1752680 Members
5709 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: performance of 11.00 application on 11i

Ian Lochray
Respected Contributor

performance of 11.00 application on 11i

We produce an application compiled and linked on HP-UX 11.00. One of our customers is buying a new server that only runs 11i. Are there any performance implications of running an application built on 11.00 on a server running 11i?
7 REPLIES 7
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

Since its binary compatible so there shouldn't be any problem for an application running on 11 to run on 11i but for better performance its recommended you recompile it on 11i.

Rajeev
Ian Lochray
Respected Contributor

Rajeev,
I appreciate that it would be better if it was native but 99% of our customers want to stay on 11.00 for the moment and we do not want to support two different versions of our product. I am trying to get a feel for the size of any potential performance dergradation when running 11.00 code on 11i O/S.
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Most of the HP applications (compilers,DCE ...) for 11.0 also works on 11i.
so there shouldn't be any problem in running your application on 11i
never give up
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

See frankly i have copied the informix database(didn't install) and its running fine without any performance issues.
But to go more detail can you please tell what application they are. Are they C programs or 4GL etc.. Coz the memory allocation has definately changed a bit.

rajeev
Ian Lochray
Respected Contributor

I am happy that the application will work on 11i, I am just concerned about any possible performance implications.
Ian Lochray
Respected Contributor

We have a large application consisting of about 20 executables and 40 shared libraries that uses Oracle 8.1.7 and is written using C, ProC and COBOL.
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If there are any implications, it's related to libraries
never give up