Re: prngd[2272]: Could not fork: Not enough space in hp-ux

SOLVED
Go to solution
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Since you are creating an LV you need to create mirror

lvextend -m 1
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Shehan
Super Advisor

Hi Avinash

Can we use below command to mirror when creating lvol?

# lvcreate -m 1 -C y -r n -L 12000 -n lvol11 /dev/vg00

If so, I think we don't want to use lvextend command.
Please advice...

Regards
Nirukshitha
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Yes, the command is correct

But could I have the vgdisplay output.
How did you find our that you are having 12GB of free space.

If there is mirror you need to calculate the space, since the FRee PE's are distributed across the disk

Hope you have calculated it correctly
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Shehan
Super Advisor

Hi Avinash

You mean if we need to create 12GB swap space , we need to create 24GB lvol with the "-m 1 " in order to get 12GB swap space.Am I correct ?

Regards
Nirukshitha
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

No,

To have swap LV with mirroring, yo need 12GB of primary disk and 12 GB on mirror disk. Hence total 24 GB.

Could you post the output of vgdisplay -v
We can let you know the max free space available to create a lvol and make mirror of it.
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Hi Shehan,

I assume you already have a primary swap configured with the system and this primary swap is already mirrored.

Now there is an issue with not enough swap space. What I would do , is to now create secondary swap space on a different vg other than vg00 and make entries with fstab to bring it up for access/usage.

By this way you are saving space on primary VG for swap and also on the mirror disk.

Make the priority to the secondary swap space a numerically lower swap priority than the primary swap device. This will also allow interleaving among different devices and optimizes I/O.