6145 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

scsi reset problem

ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

scsi reset problem

Hi all ;

I had a very critical problem on a ultrium tape 215 installed in a tape array 5300 and connect to the HBA card A5149A on rp7400 system .the message appears in the syslog file and a minorwarning in the event.log file and when the message appears the cartridge stuck in the tape drive the firmware of the drive is N23D please find attached the syslog.log and the event.log file .it's a very urgent problem please if someone can help me it will be grateful.
ziad
4 REPLIES 4
ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: scsi reset problem

please find attached also the event.log file.
ziad
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

To suggest
This could be of two reasons

1.Tape on the drive is not okay.Try replacing the tape.
2.Clean your tape drive.

If still after replacing the tape and cleaning the drive you get messages call the HP to replace the drive

Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Ziad,

well I had almost the same problem last week, will attach my syslog so you can compare it. The problem i had was the tape itself not the unit/drive or the bus.
Powered down(reset) the drive ejected the tape, cleaned the drive and replaced the tape no problems so far, Backup is running good again.

Hope it helps.

Robert-Jan.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I would recommend first to review the following items:
1. drive's firmware is out-of-date. Latest should be N26D. Please use HP LTT to update firmware http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html ;
2. how many drives are on the SCSI bus? I remember about advice to have only one Ultrium drive
Eugeny