1752793 Members
6595 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

sqlplus cant open spool file

Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

sqlplus cant open spool file

Our oracle apps (10.7)have a number of concurrent requests that use sqlplus - all of which are failing with .."cant open spool file". This is our DEV box and I have not made any recent system changes to the system. It may be a permission or path issue but I don't know where it wants to open a spool file. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

Re: sqlplus cant open spool file

Well, I figured it out myself (too bad I can't get any points...)
As it turns out I could create spool files but not edit them! This led to the discovery that the spool files were owned by the oracle user and not the apps user. The sqlplus executable had permissions modified to set user id on execute! I reset this back to normal and all works now....I would sure like to find out how it was changed though.

Thanks
Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

Re: sqlplus cant open spool file

Well, I figured it out myself (too bad I can't get any points...)
As it turns out I could create spool files but not edit them! This led to the discovery that the spool files were owned by the oracle user and not the apps user. The sqlplus executable had permissions modified to set user id on execute! I reset this back to normal and all works now....I would sure like to find out how it was changed though.

Thanks