1751895 Members
5182 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

trying to compile nagios plugins

Joseph Hoh
Frequent Advisor

trying to compile nagios plugins

I am trying to compile nrpe plugin for nagios.
It fails. Any ideas?

Part of the output:

make all
cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
/opt/ansic/bin/cc -g -I/usr/local/include/openssl -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -L/usr/local/lib -lssl -lcrypto -o nrpe -lnsl nrpe.c utils.c
nrpe.c:
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/rsa.h", line 62: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/asn1.h'.
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/rsa.h", line 65: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/bio.h'.
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/rsa.h", line 67: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/bn.h'.
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/rsa.h", line 68: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/crypto.h'.
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/rsa.h", line 69: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/ossl_typ.h'.
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/crypto.h", line 68: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/stack.h'.
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/crypto.h", line 69: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/safestack.h'.
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/crypto.h", line 70: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/opensslv.h'.
cpp: "/usr/local/include/openssl/crypto.h", line 78: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/symhacks.h'.
2 REPLIES 2
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Re: trying to compile nagios plugins

hi,

Are these notifications when you are running "configure"?.

If yes then these are mostly OK, unless you specifically need the mentioned application to monitor a service.

please revert.

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Bill Douglass
Esteemed Contributor

Re: trying to compile nagios plugins

rsa.h and crypto.h are looking for include files in

openssl/

instead of looking for them in the specified include directory, which is set to /usr/local/include/openssl.

Try copying rsa.h and crypto.h to /usr/local/include, and changing the include statement from

-I/usr/local/include/openssl

to

-I/usr/local/include