1748171 Members
4588 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library for -lclntsh

Avinash20
Honored Contributor

I am trying to link my application with Oracle and am getting the following error

I have also installed licensed copy of aCC compiler.

Any help is higly appreciated.

Error is as follows

/d02/srf/appltest/testora/8.0.6/lib/sysliblist` -lm /d02/srf/appltest/testora/8.0.6/rdbms/lib/defopt.o/d02/srf/appltest/testora/8.0.6/rdbms/lib/ssbbded.o
sh: aCC: not found.
*** Error exit code 127

/d02/srf/appltest/testora/8.0.6/lib/sysliblist` -lm -lpthread -lpthread -L/d02/srf/appltest/testora/8.0.6/network/jre11/lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/-ljava
*** Error exit code 1

/d02/srf/appltest/testora/8.0.6/lib/sysliblist` -lm -lpthread -lpthread -L/d02/srf/appltest/testora/8.0.6/network/jre11/lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/
-ljava -L/usr/lib/Motif2.1 -L -R -lXm -lXt -lX11 -lm -lix60 -lnlsrtl3
*** Error exit code 1
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library for -lclntsh

First check if you really need the clntsh library. I have several oracle environments and they don't have it.

If you really need it there is a script in $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh which supposedly generates it. I have not tried it so I don't know if it will fix your problem. In the script it says that the clntsh is needed if you install OCI, Pro*C and XA.

So if you don't need the OCI, Pro*C and XA you probably selected some options in the installer thet you should not have selected.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I have also installed licensed copy of aCC compiler.
>sh: aCC: not found.

(A license for every CPU core?)
Is /opt/aCC/bin in your PATH?

>/d02/srf/appltest/testora/8.0.6/lib/sysliblist`

You're missing the beginning of this. You would also need to add -v so we can see what ld is getting.
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Issue resolved by installing java 1.3
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."