Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 5 ways to measure the success of a hybrid delivery strategy

MylesS

Most organizations are just distilling their total cost for IT services. This is where a product like "Financial Planning and Analysis" can really help. However, almost every organization that I have met knows how long it takes to provision. This is why cloud is "Crossing the Chasm" in development first. Let me get some experts to add-on to this.

Myles

0 Kudos
About the Author

MylesS

Mr. Suer is a senior manager for IT Performance Management. Prior to this role, Mr. Suer headed IT Performance Management Analytics Product Management including IT Financial Management and Executive Scorecard.

Comments
HeatherMackey

Great post, Myles! And fascinating story about the ISP that uses Amazon - even though it costs more. To justify that it seems like you really do need to be capturing the value of speed and flexibility to the business. These metrics should help. Are you finding that the organizations you talk to are able to do that for the most part when it comes to sourcing?

MylesS

Most organizations are just distilling their total cost for IT services. This is where a product like "Financial Planning and Analysis" can really help. However, almost every organization that I have met knows how long it takes to provision. This is why cloud is "Crossing the Chasm" in development first. Let me get some experts to add-on to this.

Myles

meimer1962

Myles,

Great Post and yes I do agree that hybrid delivery models will be more prevailent in the yeras to come.  The cloud is a game changer and depending on the vertical you are in can definitely help with the IT velocity required for some businesses that need it.  You find most comodity services being placed into the cloud but the challenge is how to incorporate these services seamlessly with on premise services so that the end user experience is ubiquitious.

Nadhan

Like the points you make, Myles.  This is why I say that the CIO is stretched in today's Cloud Computing World. http://bit.ly/nsjYis

Labels
Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more