Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Competition or “coopetition” in the cloud – 2 steps for success

Nadhan

Like the two steps you have detailed for coopetition in the cloud, Miron.  A key takeaway line for me from your post is "Business of IT is a very good and sensible idea, but one which – in the absence of competition – lacked a sense of urgency."  Which is why CIOs have to integrate the business of IT to combat its consumerization.

Connect with Nadhan on: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin

0 Kudos
About the Author

Nadhan

Comments
Nadhan

Like the two steps you have detailed for coopetition in the cloud, Miron.  A key takeaway line for me from your post is "Business of IT is a very good and sensible idea, but one which – in the absence of competition – lacked a sense of urgency."  Which is why CIOs have to integrate the business of IT to combat its consumerization.

Connect with Nadhan on: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin

DavidLevin

This is a fantastic analysis and call for action for IT Organizations around the globe. Each and every IT leader is at a cross road:

First option is it to run IT as a business, build higher level services, and provide business value by utilizing economy of scale - this direction will get IT closer to the business and may increase its overall impact on the enterprise.

Second option is to choose stagnation and watch how IT is stripped off its influence, looses innovation budget, and focused on KTLO related operations.

IT leaders - this is a wake up call!

MironMizrahi

Thanks David and Nadhan for your comments. yes ... running IT like a business needs to now become more than a slogan. however, in quite a few articles I have read, there seem to be an opinion that this is the CIO's job. true - he/she is ultimately on the hook, but a business without an effective IT department is not good for anyone. So the entire leadership needs to make it their mission

Labels
Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more