Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Compliance and cost concerns fuel an IT consumerization backlash

JoshuaBrusse

Hi Paul

Interesting article! I am curious how this continuous as I personally think that only a few people understand what the future will bring for IT. And that change will be with a lot more surprises that we think (and maybe want). One of the biggest challenges we will face in my opinion is a significant change in attitude and behavior (though not necessarily in culture)…because as the “new kid on the block” we will be required to “grow up”…play time is over…we need to get serious now.

As an example…we always talk about “Business and IT alignment” while we never talk about “Business and HR alignment” or “Business and Legal alignment”…I started to hate that term already 20 years back because it still shows separation and that’s where in my opinion the problem lies. In the future – being able to cope with the demand of the business – we need to address that separation. And I totally agreed with you the other day when you said we need to “address the EGO of IT” because that is exactly what we need to do to get ready for the new era…and we don’t have that much time either…

Joshua Brusse; Transformation Manager

0 Kudos
About the Author

JoshuaBrusse

Comments
JoshuaBrusse

Hi Paul

Interesting article! I am curious how this continuous as I personally think that only a few people understand what the future will bring for IT. And that change will be with a lot more surprises that we think (and maybe want). One of the biggest challenges we will face in my opinion is a significant change in attitude and behavior (though not necessarily in culture)…because as the “new kid on the block” we will be required to “grow up”…play time is over…we need to get serious now.

As an example…we always talk about “Business and IT alignment” while we never talk about “Business and HR alignment” or “Business and Legal alignment”…I started to hate that term already 20 years back because it still shows separation and that’s where in my opinion the problem lies. In the future – being able to cope with the demand of the business – we need to address that separation. And I totally agreed with you the other day when you said we need to “address the EGO of IT” because that is exactly what we need to do to get ready for the new era…and we don’t have that much time either…

Joshua Brusse; Transformation Manager

Labels
Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more