Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating smart cities: Lessons in digital transformation

JudyGoldman

Newark_Pittsburgh_smart_cities.jpg

Technology is improving the way cities operate and it's creating stronger civic connection with citizens. But city leaders are discovering that the road to innovation is a matter of learning while doing—and that there is a different route for each community. Around the United States, urban areas are carving their own paths through data initiatives to find better ways to run their government agencies and city services.

While smart cities and the Internet of Things offer many improvements, including a higher level of transparency, there are also complications and challenges, like privacy and security risks, to integrating tech into established processes.

These two articles from Enterprise.NXT dig into lessons and advice. The first includes insights from city leaders who are transforming their municipalities with technological integration and automation. The second includes concerns and recommendations from technology security experts.

Newark, Pittsburgh, Memphis: Data initiatives making cities smarter and safer

Technologies are helping municipalities deliver services more efficiently and, in the process, allowing them to become more transparent.

How to deal with the dark side of smart cities

Automated Internet of Things (IoT) applications promise to enhance urban safety by accelerating emergency response times, alerting motorists to traffic hazards, and more. Yet these innovations also create privacy and security challenges.

HPE Business Insights is merging with Enterprise.NXT, a thought leadership platform featuring cutting-edge advice from leading IT and business strategy experts, along with insightful, in-depth reporting on the latest trends in enterprise technology.

0 Kudos
About the Author

JudyGoldman

My work at HPE gives me a way to share my passion for emerging technology, connecting people to innovation, and sharing stories that help others engage with and understand the world around them. I'm a digital nomad, often found traveling with my micro companion KC, a 6-1/2 pound mini Dachshund.

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more