Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t assume that, once in the cloud, your data is “someone else’s problem”

PaulMuller

At a personal level, it is terrifying for me to imagine what would happen to all of the data -- documents, spreadsheets, and photos -- that I store on various cloud services if those services ceased to exist. Most people don’t have a plan or process for what they would do if, say, Google decided to sunset Google Drive. On an even greater scale, with so many companies eagerly moving their apps and services to the cloud, what is their plan if the cloud service that they rely on becomes acquired or goes belly-up?

I was invited to write a guest post on Ben Kepe’s blog. I describe some situations that are becoming more and more common where companies are simply disappearing or being acquired and no longer offering their previously widely-used cloud services.

Read “Death of a cloud provider – 5 practical ways to avoid becoming a SaaS refugee” for five tips on how to prepare yourself and your company for an emergency cloud evacuation.

Paul Muller has a wealth of experience working with CIOs and VPs of IT improve IT performance and business alignment.
0 Kudos
About the Author

PaulMuller

Paul Muller leads the global IT management evangelist team within the Software business at HP. In this role, Muller heads the team responsible for fostering HP’s participation in the IT management community, contributing to and communicating best-practice in helping IT perform better.

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more
What's New