Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Future CIOs will look a lot like entrepreneurs

MylesS

Joel,

Another great post. One of the big changes that I have been seeing is the spliting of the orignal CIO role into a CIO and CTO role (or CIO for Shared Services). And increasingly, the business in frustration has made the CIO a business person. CIOs today need to better and better aligned with the business because the rate of business change is only increasing. They need to know what matters to business success and focus resources and investment on these business capabilities. I see this as a radical redefinition of the CIO. I think it fits with your post. Do you agree?

0 Kudos
About the Author

MylesS

Mr. Suer is a senior manager for IT Performance Management. Prior to this role, Mr. Suer headed IT Performance Management Analytics Product Management including IT Financial Management and Executive Scorecard.

Comments
MylesS

Joel,

Another great post. One of the big changes that I have been seeing is the spliting of the orignal CIO role into a CIO and CTO role (or CIO for Shared Services). And increasingly, the business in frustration has made the CIO a business person. CIOs today need to better and better aligned with the business because the rate of business change is only increasing. They need to know what matters to business success and focus resources and investment on these business capabilities. I see this as a radical redefinition of the CIO. I think it fits with your post. Do you agree?

Labels
Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more