Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Going through organizational change? Here’s how to measure internalization

Johnny Itoh

Hi Joshua,

I agree to that it's important to correctly measure the internalisation for successfully proceeding the changes implementation and the right deployment.

In addition to that, as far as my own experience, there would also be the case that the internalisation is not well done in spite of the process and tools functionalities themselves are good enough designed/implemented, the new operation manual of each task are well prepared/deployed, and well trained about the use of new tools, etc, etc, "specifically at an each staff level".

For this, in my experienced typical case, although the management had correctly understood the changes enough, each staff and/or agent did not have enough level of understanding about the purpose of the change and especially how the change would work for the staffs' tasks at their level (i.e. They are not enough motivated to actively proceed the internalisation because they are not clear on the benefit of changes to be brought at the staff level and how their task level of improvements would make their total business/environment better).

So for effective internalisation, I would also like to emphasize the importance of making each staff understood effectively about the needs/benefits/returns of changes at their task level as well.

0 Kudos
About the Author

Johnny Itoh

Comments
Johnny Itoh

Hi Joshua,

I agree to that it's important to correctly measure the internalisation for successfully proceeding the changes implementation and the right deployment.

In addition to that, as far as my own experience, there would also be the case that the internalisation is not well done in spite of the process and tools functionalities themselves are good enough designed/implemented, the new operation manual of each task are well prepared/deployed, and well trained about the use of new tools, etc, etc, "specifically at an each staff level".

For this, in my experienced typical case, although the management had correctly understood the changes enough, each staff and/or agent did not have enough level of understanding about the purpose of the change and especially how the change would work for the staffs' tasks at their level (i.e. They are not enough motivated to actively proceed the internalisation because they are not clear on the benefit of changes to be brought at the staff level and how their task level of improvements would make their total business/environment better).

So for effective internalisation, I would also like to emphasize the importance of making each staff understood effectively about the needs/benefits/returns of changes at their task level as well.

Alex Zammit

Joshua, great advice. Do you have the supporting collateral to be able to measure the processes and adoption. Assessments are fairly straightforward to achieve, but how do we go about measuring process adoption? Is this through a mix of benefits realisation and process consulting?

HPE-SW-Guest

@Johnny,

Thanks for your response. I agree…the benefits for change needs to be made clear to all stakeholders on all levels.

Joshua

HPE-SW-Guest

@Alex,

We have collateral indeed. What you can do to measure adoption is to look at the normal KPIs an organization has determined. If process KPIs are bad then one of the reasons (not the obvious one indeed) could be adoption. Circumvention of process can be measured too and that always is a result of low or no adoption. Furthermore the quality of records in the tools…low quality is also indicating that there is no or low adoption. Benefit realization can be one too; however for that you have to look beyond the measures (why did we not realize the benefits?) because it doesn’t always have something to do with adoption. It would not be the process consultant that does this as his / her job has finished…it is the process owner / manager of the company together with a business value consultant, I would say.

Joshua

Labels
Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more