Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do you benchmark your service desk performance?

Ben123

Hello MylesS and Suresh,

I study engineering and am currently taking a businees applications course. It seems that there are such a wide range of methods for any particular problem, Suresh mentions root cause analysis (RCA), but is this the best?

I'm curious why Suresh selected RCA over Ishikawa diagrams, likert scale questionnaires, or inferential statistics such as linear regression or logistical regression models? I am much more familiar with methods other then RCA.

Feedback is appreciated,

Ben

0 Kudos
About the Author

Ben123

Comments
Suresh G P

Hi MylesS

I have seen during my  Customer Engagements have had the same problem of Reduced First Call Resolution Rate. When we did RCA, we found that not only had it to do with Skills and Better Call routing, but also on Performance Metrics for Service Desk Staff and Culture.

We instantiated a CSIP to address those fronts and got a Buy In from the Management to roll it across. The Outcome Measure to validate the result to obtain CSAT feedback every Quarter on the specific metric.

One of the Other Service Desk metric that has been very popular  is the improved usage of Self Service option  and maximum usage of Knowledge Management in resolving Incidents 

Best Regards

Suresh GP

Business Consultant

HP PS-GDC

Ben123

Hello MylesS and Suresh,

I study engineering and am currently taking a businees applications course. It seems that there are such a wide range of methods for any particular problem, Suresh mentions root cause analysis (RCA), but is this the best?

I'm curious why Suresh selected RCA over Ishikawa diagrams, likert scale questionnaires, or inferential statistics such as linear regression or logistical regression models? I am much more familiar with methods other then RCA.

Feedback is appreciated,

Ben

Benjamin Armani

Great Post

Mobile apps

Labels
Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more