Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: It’s time to stop beating ourselves up about IT’s value

JudyRedman

Mark, interesting post. Thanks for contributing your viewpoint.   I completely agree that there needs to be a "new mindset" when thinking about the role of IT and the CIO, especially as IT moves  from playing a major role in running the business to playing a major role in business transformation.

~JR

0 Kudos
About the Author

JudyRedman

Judy Redman has been writing about all areas of technology for more than 20 years.

Comments
John Oosterhuis

Fresh thought!

Love this correspondent's leftfield view of performance management. I really think it could work as long as we in the IT fraternity don't try to reinvent the wheel and speak to our SCM colleagues for the inside track on how they work.

I know my CEO and CFO would like clarity on what our IT team does for us (SME electrical systems org). They are often unsung heroes, but how does that show itself on the balance sheet?

I'll take this away and think about it. Not often I say that on these types of blogs.

JudyRedman

Mark, interesting post. Thanks for contributing your viewpoint.   I completely agree that there needs to be a "new mindset" when thinking about the role of IT and the CIO, especially as IT moves  from playing a major role in running the business to playing a major role in business transformation.

~JR

Labels
Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more