Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching escape velocity

TonyCaine

Reaching escape velocity

More than ever, organizations are experiencing the need to capitalize on the rapid social and business opportunities enabled by digital technologies.

collaboration.jpg

I recently finished reading Geoffrey Moore’s book - Escape Velocity. Escape Velocity is a book about separating your company’s future from the pull of the past. Whilst I’m not here to act as Geoffrey Moore’s chief publicity officer, I have long admired his ability to connect the impact of high technology to structural market disruption in a uniquely readable way.

In reading Escape Velocity, I couldn’t help relate to one of the clearest examples of Geoffrey’s thesis right here on my doorstep. At the RSA Conference in San Francisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced a plethora of new security offerings designed to help organizations build protection into the fabric of their enterprises. This is a clear indication of a security business transforming to address the changing needs of today’s security landscape and lighting the afterburners to punch through into a new orbit.

But as Geoffrey Moore argues, achieving escape velocity is about both portfolio regeneration and the point of release. On that theme, we recently took another successful step towards launching Tipping Point Network Protection systems on its own separate trajectory by completing the handover to Trend Micro.

I couldn’t be more excited about the future for both HPE Security and for our colleagues and solutions heading for Trend Micro.

As I am writing this, I’m speed-reading Geoffrey’s new book Zone to Win: Organizing to Compete in an Age of Disruption as I have the privilege to spend some time with him in the UK next week at an event on theme of digital disruption. Once again, I’m looking forward to his personal insight on a subject that fascinates me and I intend to re-visit in these blogs throughout the year.

For those of you that are ahead of me with Zone to Win, any questions you’d like me to pose to Geoffrey next week? If so, please feel free to drop them in the comments box.

0 Kudos
About the Author

TonyCaine

Tony Caine, a veteran of 25 years in IT, serves as the Vice President and General Manager of HPE Software in EMEA. Together with his team he helps enterprise customers to develop, operate, secure, govern and monetize their data, applications and operations.

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more