Digital Transformation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The focus is on security operations at HPE’s Protect 2016

JudyGoldman

As cyber offenses increase in scope, magnitude and stealth, this year’s HPE Protect event offers crucial insights, training and demos on how businesses can secure their resources.

The event will be held Sept. 13-16 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, MD, just outside Washington, D.C., featuring more than 2,000 security professionals.SecurityOperationsCenter_Small.PNG

HPE Business Insights will be on site to record exclusive conversations with security thought leaders, including event keynote speaker Alex Tapscott (@alextapscott); Tim Grieveson (@timgrieveson ); Robert Hansen (@RSnake); Wolfgang Goerlich (@jwgoerlich); and Omar Sanchez (@MrTech1) among others. Follow them and @HPE_BizInsights for live tweets during the event. We’ll also share their interviews with you in upcoming episodes of HPE Business Insights Studio.

The event hashtag is #HPEProtect and (@HPE_Security) will be live tweeting throughout the week.

The Protect sessions catalog is loaded with compelling speakers and topics. Here are a few of interest:

Fiercely innovate

Wednesday, Sept. 14, 9 a.m.

Keynote address with Alex Tapscott, co-author of Blockchain Revolution, which covers how the internet has enabled peer-to-peer exchanges without oversight. Alex will discuss how storing collective validated private records, like Bitcoin, will expand to disrupt other industries.

Information management and governance as a protective measure in the era of big data

Wednesday, Sept. 14, 3:45 p.m.

Information volumes are escalating at record paces, and the requirements being placed on enterprise information are at an all-time high. These challenges, combined with high levels of penalties and risk associated with poor information management and governance practices are forcing organizations to rethink previous approaches. Learn more about how a modular technology strategy can help protect your organization from risk in today's era of big data. Session ID: TK10141

Let the journey begin - building a modern data security program

Thursday, Sept. 15, 11:15 a.m.

To build a data security program, organizations need to identify sensitive data, where it flows and who has appropriate access to it. This sets the table for a comprehensive, well-designed, modern data security program. Hear what our customers learned implementing high-performance encryption, tokenization and key management techniques for use with production data, payments, big data and more that “de-identify” data, rendering it useless to attackers while maintaining referential integrity for data processes. Session ID: TK10341

CISO’s ask – from a CISO

Thursday, Sept. 15, 1:45 p.m.

This session features Tim Grieveson, former CIO, CISO - now Chief Cyber and Security Strategist with HPE’s EMEA group. PNL10390

If you’d like to attend but haven’t signed up, it’s not too late! Registration is still open. We hope to see you there!

Related links:

Blog: HPE Protect 2016: What to expect

• IT Strategy and Leadership
0 Kudos
About the Author

JudyGoldman

My work at HPE gives me a way to share my passion for emerging technology, connecting people to innovation, and sharing stories that help others engage with and understand the world around them. I'm a digital nomad, often found traveling with my micro companion KC, a 6-1/2 pound mini Dachshund.

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more