108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 12H disk error information

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

12H disk error information

We are using a 12H disk array as the the DR system.
I am getting a "No Address Table" error.
All the lights on the controllers are green, but there are not lights at all on the disks them selvers.
Does anybody know what this means, or where I can find some error code documentation?

thanks
Hustle Makes things happen
4 REPLIES 4
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi John,

Look at page 58 of this PDF doc,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg28365/lpg28365.pdf

/Quote/

If the disk array is not shutdown properly, it is possible that the data maps in NVRAM memory will be lost. For this reason, the disk array allows the data maps to be periodically written to the disk drives. If the maps are lost, an error code such as "No Address Table" will appear on the display. If your disk array is a boot device, you may have to recover the maps by using the front panel command called "Recover" under the "Cntrl Changes " menu. The Recover command is only supported in controller firmware versions later than HP40, and any patch delivered after IPR9808 release.

/EndQuote/

Hope this helps.

regds
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

John Jimenez
Super Advisor

Thanks Sanjay. Yes this makes sense. They had a long power outage at the warehouse and the UPS ran out.
No, the boot up drives are in the internal drives of the k380.
Hopefully I will just have to reset something.
I will check out the links you sent me.
Thanks again. I will let you know how it turns out. I will be assining points soon.

Thanks again
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

It seems to be working. It has been running for about 40 minutes and is 15% recovered.

Thanks again