1752569 Members
4925 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

1777-Slot 1 Drive Array

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

1777-Slot 1 Drive Array

Having upgraded the BIOS rev. from V2.02 to V4.48 to accomadate the latest SSD's I now get this error during POST boot-up:

1777-Slot 1 Drive Array - ProLiant Storage Enclosure Probelm Detected
SCSI Port 1: Interrupt Signal Inoperative - Check SCSI Cables

It then asks to press F1 to continue or F10 for system partition utilities. If I hit F1 it boots up fine to Windows NT with no problems at all. I never had this problem until updating the BIOS. Having looked through the forum I see that somebody else had exactly the same problem and you said to update the BIOS (which I have done) or replace the card. Im sure it cant be problem with the card as it has happened on three different servers now (a bit hasty of me really). Are there any plans to release a fix for this error?

One solution was to turn off the POST error messages but this is not ideal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Julian
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: 1777-Slot 1 Drive Array

It seems to get around this problem you have to update your firmaware in stages to V2.14. Once at this level you can jump to the latest version. For example we had a server on v2.02 so we updated to V2.08 then went to V2.14. Once at this level wer made the jump to V4.50 and we didnt receive the message.

Here is a link to the FAQ page in which this matter is mentioned.

http://web14.compaq.com/falco/detail.asp?FAQnum=FAQ5213

Regards

Julian