Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Disk Arrays
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3200 controller on proliant 5500

Isaac Lipkowitz
Occasional Contributor

3200 controller on proliant 5500

Hi, I'm trying to reconfigure a proliant 5500. The system config disk can't write to the disks to create a System partition. it suggests setting up the array. It then asks for the Floppy Disk labelled "Drive Array Configuration". Does anybody know what download file this might be? I can't find anything in the support area. I presume that without the system partition, I can't save info on such things as boot sequence. Currently, I can't boot from CDROM at all. I've managed to run a system erase on the system and, so far, that seems to have worked. The drive array is now unconfigured. All I need is to get it reconfigured so the system can see it, then create the system partition, then, hopefully boot from CD.
BtW, it used to boot from CD, I installed windows, then deleted it and loaded Linux - all no problem about 2 months ago.
I also aaaume that if I can boot from CD, I can configure things from the SmartStart CD.