1752777 Members
6165 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

431 on SP6 upgr from 2DH

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

431 on SP6 upgr from 2DH

I had a server running NT4 SP6 with a 2DH card installed.
I want to replace this card with a 431.
I booted NT, inserted SmartStart 4.90 and ran the Compaq System Configuration Utility to upgrade all drivers.
Now I get INNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE with the original 2DH card or with the 431 installed.

Any ideas gratefully received
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: 431 on SP6 upgr from 2DH

I don't know if this is of any help for you but we had a similar problem after upgrading drivers for NT 4 server equipped with Smart2DH raid controller.
After reboot we got the blue screen .....
After applying the latest firmware to the Smart2Dh controller everything worked fine again.
WARNING! If the 431 controller has been connected to your disk pack ,I would first ask Compaq tech support if it's possible to use the old smart2dh controller anymore before connecting it back to the disk pack.
I have seen somewhere warning issues about "going back to old controller if a new controller has been attached"
if it's possible to
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: 431 on SP6 upgr from 2DH

The 431 controller uses completely different drivers to start with (not compatible to the ones used with the Smart-2 series). Those need to be there before you swap the cards. Also, exactly what type of drives are attached? This is important because the 431 does NOT support older Wide-Ultra SCSI-2 or 3 drives. It only supports the Low-Voltage Differential drives (typically mounted on black hot-plug trays).