Disk Enclosures
1748219 Members
4785 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

532 array controllor

Jennifer_55

532 array controllor

I have exchange 2000 running on 1 hard drive. I installed another to mirror it. When I powered the proliant ml350 G2 on it did not see the new drive. I used array configurator and seemed to have made it a logical drive and now they both say raid 0. How do I change it to Raid 1 without losing data. It says the 2nd drive it unallocated. When I take it out the system won't boot. When I try to change it in ACU it says its not big enough ( its the exact same drive)I want to delete it to start over, but it says I will lose all data.
3 REPLIES 3
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: 532 array controllor

As for the size, the BIOS reads the reported size by the HD, therefore you need to see what is the reported size. Also, was the disk used before? It needs to be pristine. say a hidden partition or something?
As you did find out you can change the configuration that was automatically assumed. You shouldn't be losing data because you never wrote anything to it.

I would start over. Delete the drive from the configuration and remove it. Get the box back to one drive. Then with the ACU running, add the new drive and manually configure what you want.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Jennifer_55

Thank You,
Although I am supposed to be able to delete the 2nd logical drive without losing information (will do Fri), I can't ever mirror the first drive like I wanted because its raid 0 now and I guess I can't ever change it without deleting it and reinstalling everything. (so they tell me)
So your answer helped, just not the outcome I was hoping for.
Jennifer_55

Is there a way to get it off the array controller without losing data and just mirroring it in the computer management/Disc Mangement section, so its at least software mirrored?
Just trying to find a solution to my new problem.