5639 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A3232A Array Problem II

armin
Occasional Contributor

A3232A Array Problem II

Hi all,

I have got a A3232A Disc-Array connected to a HP9000 K Class. the ioscan won't show me any details of the Array. When I connect to the array console I can only see the following output.

After that the array seems to hang. Is there a failure of mine?

Thanks in advance for the help.

armin

Copyright (c) Motorola Inc. 1988 - 1996, All Rights Reserved
Copyright (c) CLARiiON Storage Systems, Inc. 1995-1998, All Rights Reserved
Licensed material property of CLARiiON Storage Systems, Inc. and Motorola Inc.

Debugger/Diagnostics Release Version 1.73

Initiating tests...
I82378 IRQ: Interrupt Request...................... Running ---> PASSED
Initiating autoboot...

Fetching Flare revision numbers...
Database Database Database Database
Drive 0 Drive 1 Drive 2 Drive 3
9.55.1 (16) 9.55.1 (16) 9.55.1 (16) Not present
Sector 520 Sector 520 Sector 520 Sector 0
Drives found with matching code type: 3

armin
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Some drives in disk array are having firmware image copies (for redundancy). This image got loaded and executed during boot. Looks like 'drive 3' is not present at all (not installed) or faulty (sector size=0). Database drives are A0, B0, C0, A3.
As soon as array hungs after this screen I guess then next step for array should be to load firmware image from disk. I suspect that although image is present, it is corrupt on the disk from which array loads it. Try pulling drives out of array to see if array will not hang trying loading image from another drive.... Just my guess
Eugeny
armin
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Eugeny,

that was a good idea, now I can see the Presentation Utility with all Disks, but I can not enter a command in the Terminal.

Any Ideas to this?

Armin
armin
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

The array presentation via dumb terminal is really a "TUI" text user interface, windows style. You tab around from item to item, and only if you select several disks to bind or otherwise pick something that needs text input can you actually type into it.

If we are talking about the same thing. Are you connecting a dumb terminal (or laptop with hyperterm) to the 9-pin serial port on the back of the array (the storage processor)?

--bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Make a screenshot of presentation utility from both controllers. Press 'i' key - you'll see array's inventory.
BTW, as soon as your array is running now does server sees it through the SCSI?
Eugeny
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Right, good call Eugeny. You should be able to deal with this thing in SAM now, which is simpler and saner. If you have a reeeally old version of 10.x, you might need patches to provide management via the SCSI passthru driver.

Regards, --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)