108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A3312A Storage Enclosure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Anthony Karmayana

A3312A Storage Enclosure

Hello,
I've got a customer with D370 server connected to A3312 storage enclosure which has been up and running ok. The A3312A was configured as single loop with one SCSI connection to the server. Is it possible to change the storage as split loop without affecting the logical volume configuration? Wouldn't that affect the SCSI ID and device path of HDDs?
Success is a journey, not a destination
9 REPLIES 9
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Yes of course... the device files will change cuz you'll have 2 SCSI controller cards instead of one.

Why do you want to do this? You want HA? Or you want to mirror across controllers?

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Anthony Karmayana

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your reply. It beats me why they were advised to do that. Since I'm not too familiar with A3312A, I thought I check with you guys.

Since we're on the subject, could I ask more questions about A3312A please?

(1) Is there a way to download the manual for the storage? I've tried docs.hp.com and cposupport but to no avail.

(2) The storage comes with the capacity to be fully popoulated by HDDs without the need to add controller module or something, right?

(3) Is this an AutoRaid storage? Or is it a JBOD?

Thanks for your help.

Anthony Karmayana

Hi Vincent,

Just to add. Yes, the objective of adding extra SCSI is to mirror accross controllers. It's not for HA.
Thanks.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The A3312A is a JBOD, not an AutoRAID. So to perform mirroring, you must do this using Mirror/Ux.

I didn't understand your second question. By default, the enclosure comes with 2 controllers.

Now for the manual. Do you have the MIDAS CDs? You can find a lot of documents from there.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Anthony Karmayana

Hi Vincent,

You've answered my second question.

I don't have MIDAS CDs. If there is another way of obtaining the manual, please let me know. Thanks.

Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I'm attaching the service manual with this reply. Unzip it and open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

The attachment isn't working.

Give me your email address and I will email it to you.

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Anthony Karmayana

Hi Vince,

My email address:
anthony@ecssin.com.sg

I will be installing 2x18GB HDDs into the storage & mirror them using MirrorDisk/UX. The rest of the disks are 4.2GB in size. Will it work?

Thanks again.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

Yes, just make sure you install them next to each other (not on top of each other), so that you can mirror across controllers.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!