5855 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

A5158A vs. EMC DMX 3000

SOLVED
Go to solution

A5158A vs. EMC DMX 3000

Hi, guys:

I hate to post such a simple question like this, but I have waited for a week for an answer from my colleagues.

I have two boxes with A5158A Tachyon FC adapters, and I need to know if I can use them to connect to EMC DMX 3000 mass storage(either just like that or by making driver upgrade or something)
4 REPLIES 4
Mic V.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A5158A vs. EMC DMX 3000

I normally asked this of my EMC representatives . If you know who your rep is, you may want to ask them.

I believe the answer is yes, but I personally haven't done this setup. My answer is based on discussions with EMC about buying a DMX 1000, and I don't recall them requiring a change to our existing A5158A cards. I'll post again if I can find a positive answer.

Mic
What kind of a name is 'Wolverine'?
Mic V.
Esteemed Contributor

(I'm assuming you intend to do a direct connect. If you're planning to do a SAN, that's a different question.)
What kind of a name is 'Wolverine'?
Doug Kratky
Frequent Advisor
Solution

The A5158A HBAs work fine with EMC DMX storage (we have quite a few of them in use).

In general, look at the EMC Support Matrix at http://www.emc.com/interoperability/ to research compatibility between servers, HBAs, operating systems, patches, and EMC storage.

Doug

Thank you all for your replies