Disk Enclosures
1752794 Members
5661 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ADD THIRD DISK IN NETRAID 4M WITH 2 LOGICAL UNIT DEFINED

Javier_8

ADD THIRD DISK IN NETRAID 4M WITH 2 LOGICAL UNIT DEFINED

I Have several Hp 3000 with 2 disk in raid 0 or Raid 1 with a NETRAID 4M . We have bought 1 or 2 disks to add to the servers and.. fortunately convert the RAID0 or RAID1 in RAID5. I tried to change the raid level without success because the config has 2 logical unit defined.Is it possible to convert a RAID 0 in RAID 5 with 2 LOGICAL UNIT ? I have Windows nt4 sp6 and I really don?t like waste my time with the backup/restore procedure. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: ADD THIRD DISK IN NETRAID 4M WITH 2 LOGICAL UNIT DEFINED

hy
extract:
/....
RAID Level Migration
Over time, a user may determine that characteristics of the initial RAID level is no longer appropriate. In addition to being able to expand capacity, the online Container Reconfiguration Wizard allows you to change the type of RAID container that was originally configured. For example, the user can use the online Container Reconfiguration Wizard to add fault-tolerant characteristics to a stripe set (RAID 0) by converting it to a RAID-5 set in a simple online operation. You simply select the container that you want to change and select the type of container to which you want to migrate. The wizard provides information about the attributes of the container type to assist you in selecting the appropriate target container.
.../

You need to remenmber that the Logical devices are called container in netraid 4M, so what you need to do if you have two containers on one hd (raid 0) or tho hdd (raid 1)is to migrate first one container and after, you migrate the second.
bye
marino
Dries Bertier
Respected Contributor

be sure to have a full backup or you will be wasting a lot of time if above fails ....

Dries
<< please try >>
Javier_8

Thanks Maroni,
I was trying yesterday to reconfiguring starting the wizard selecting the "Logical Devices" but with the version of the Navigator I have (L18.10 accompanied with the Netserver LH300) it is not possible to reconfigure. The only thing I can do is clear configuration. Because of your answer, I?m thinking that perhaps I can try any other NETRAID config version. I?m just trying to find it in the HP WEB!! .
Thanks again.
Ciao