cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASPI Driver for SA 532

Tom Hrkach
Occasional Contributor

ASPI Driver for SA 532

I'm looking for an ASPI driver to use on a Ghost boot disk. I'm trying to get my array imaged for my classroom servers. Know where I can find one?
3 REPLIES
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Re: ASPI Driver for SA 532

There is no ASPI support for this controller (or any other 5-series or later).
See http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7599.html for info.

You might try to start the server with ERD Commander 2002, provide the W2K driver during boot and run Ghost from the GUI.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Tom Hrkach
Occasional Contributor

Gert,
Thanks for your reply. What I'm trying to use now to is a filed called smrtscsi.sys to get access to the RAID array but I get an error message: EISA configuration invalid (or something close to that)when the system reads the config.sys file on my boot disk. Do you know if there's a newer version of this file or a different file that the 532 controller uses to serve this function? I've got a file dated June of 1998 and haven't been able to find another anywhere.

Your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
ITeam
Super Advisor

Hi - Got same error message from smrtscsi.sys when trying to use SnapBack to image a 4354 array (via a smart array 5304 controller in a DL760-G2). As soon as it tries to load the driver - pop - up comes the config' error message ... And all because ARCServe 7 d/r does not support Win2K with SP3 installed ... Ouch!