New Discussion юеВ

Re: Add disk EVA5000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matteo Pignoni
Advisor

Add disk EVA5000

Hi all,
I have to add 5 disks (146 GB of size) to the EVA in a disk group with 60 disks (146 GB of size). This disk group is near full capacity (over 95 % of occupancy) an I saw in the HP document CN0496W that over the circumstance that multiple drive are added simultaneously, the impact could be not lower.
I have to add 2 drive, wait the leveling (about 36 hours) an add the other 3 disks?
The version of VCS is 3020.

Thank you
Matteo
5 REPLIES 5
Mike Reznak
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi,

without knowing about it I've allways added as much disks as I could or needed. In CV function for adding disks, I had choosed the number of disks and it allways had offered me the whole lot. Maximum number I'd added had been 7, I think. But I don't do it so offten ;o).

Mike
...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world ;o)
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Add all disks at the same time, this will avoid the run of the leveling process many times.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Add all the 5 disks at the same time so that your leveling time will be less. Also add disks as a multiple of 8s. As a best practice number of disks in a disk group should be 8 of multiples of eights.

Regards,
Syam
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

The document says if the ARRAY is at or near maximum capacity. You say that just the group is at 95%!
At the time you are adding the drives to the EVA5000 the disk group is not aware of it!

So, insert one drive, wait 30 sec then insert the next and so on.
Then add the drives to the disk group in one go!

Cheers
Peter

I love storage
Matteo Pignoni
Advisor

Thank you!
Bye