cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Information

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Advanced Information

Whenever I'm in ACU and I go to Controller|Advanced Features, I receive an error--"You cannot modify the write cache status of any drive because either there are no drives attached to the controller or none of the drives attached to the controller have a reliable write cache"
There are drives attached to the controller, that I'm sure of. As of the second statement, I'm not sure what that means.
Also I get a 1785 Post error that states Drive Array Not Configured. This is off Compaq Integrated Management Log.

And in NT Event Viewer, I receive this message "Compaq Drive Array Accelerator Status Change. The array accelerator board attached to the array controller in slot 1 has a new status of 2. 2=invalid"

Thanks for any help
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Advanced Information

Can you please provide me with more information?

Are you using a 3200 array controller? How many drives are connected to this controller? Is any data present on these drives? What type or RAID do you have them configured as?

I would think that since you are able to boot NT, your OS isn't on these drives. Make sure that your drives are configured in a RAID. The 1785 POST error states that the array isn't configured. If you had setup the RAID, then started getting the array accelerator errors, then you may have a bad accelerator (cache) on your array controller. Try running ADU (NT utility on the Smartstart CD). The ADU is the Array Diagnostic Utility. This will test the accelerator.

Have a nice day,