Disk Enclosures
1752805 Members
5350 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Anyone working with XP 10000 and a z/OS z800/z890 - share your experience please

Jack Ryan
Occasional Contributor

Anyone working with XP 10000 and a z/OS z800/z890 - share your experience please

We are in the process of evaluating an xp 10000 as a potential replacement for an IBM ESS 2105/F20, our choice is between an IBM DS8100 and the XP 10k - is anyone in this group familiar with the connectivity with a z800 series connected to an XP 10K (or 12k)? Please share your experience in terms of ease of admin, performance of mainframe apps, what backup solutions you use, how you manage/adminster the storage environment, if other storage arrays connect to the XP etc.

Thank you.
_Jack
2 REPLIES 2
generic_1
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone working with XP 10000 and a z/OS z800/z890 - share your experience please

The XP is a very good, fast, and reliable frame. Just make sure you sit down with the vendor and plan your Lun/disk layout very carefully ahead of time so you can achieve the best performance for your environment. Its all about the preplan with big sans.
Jack Ryan
Occasional Contributor

Re: Anyone working with XP 10000 and a z/OS z800/z890 - share your experience please

In looking at the IBM DS81000 user's guide, there are clear instructions on how to spec out a new DS8100 configuration, this is very helpful both as a learning tool and in creating an approximate pricing configuratoin. But the same feature (i.e., how to plan on the LUN/disk layout) is not documented on the HP website. Do you know where I can find this documentation, or how I need to go about in planning the LUN/disk layout?

Thanks.
_Sudhir