Disk Enclosures
1748224 Members
4341 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Array Expansion Problem

Angelo Santabarbara

Array Expansion Problem

I have a Windows 2000 server fully Service Packed. I used HP's ACU to expand a raid array from 5 drives (70GB) to 10 (140GB). Everything worked and the ACU shows the full capacity available. Windows Disk Management displays the full 140GB capacity as my "E" drive. However, the E drive under My Computer still shows the old capacity of 70GB. I ran Diskpart to get more info and it shows the Volume being 140GB also. What am I missing here? I've attached the Array Diagnostic Utility Inspection Report Version 7.40.1.0 and an Adobe file with images from my server.
6 REPLIES 6
Nemer_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Array Expansion Problem

Hi,

Same problem happened with me once, I restart the server & every thing goes fine.
Ingo Duschl
Frequent Advisor

there is a windows patch for that do the a latest windows 2000 server updates. and take care it also can be a missmatch of running ntfs on E and FAT on C if it is so FAT on C you can convert it to NTFS but FIRST update windows 2000 server or you may lose date
Angelo Santabarbara

All my drives are NTFS, I have all updates applied, and it has been rebooted multiple times. It still is mis-synced.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Angelo:

Click here for more info on this situation. It is a known issue and Microsoft is suggesting you call them to "fix" an already extended drive exhibiting this behavior.

If you do call and get it fixed, please do post the procedure here as others are experiencing the same thing.

The hot fix is preventitive maintenance, not a fix to an already messed up drive.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Er.. here's the link...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329826

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Here is another link for same issue, but with Windows XP. The prodecure may be as listed in this KB article, but I would call to confirm...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832316

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE