4082 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Attaching EMC CX300 with HPUX servers

shreejesh
Advisor

Attaching EMC CX300 with HPUX servers

Dear All,

I am having two HPUX clustered servers (rp 2470 & rp 5470). I am attaching a CX300 array to this clustered setup. I am using HP LVM for disk configurations and I have the following softwares installed in this:
1) HP Storageworks Command View SDM
2) HP Openview Storage Area Manager
3) LSM for HPUX.

I have the following queries in this installation-

1) Whether I need to use powerpath s/w in this setup? Whether HP LVM can be used instead of that?
2) I want to configure SNAPVIEW Snapshot and Clone in this setup. Can anybody help me to create scripts for the same?

Regards,
Shreejesh.
3 REPLIES 3
Bernd Reize
Trusted Contributor

Re: Attaching EMC CX300 with HPUX servers

Hi Shreejesh,

powerpath would be an option to use, but lvm with alternate paths (PV-Links) does work, too. One can say lvm provides basic path failover, while powerpath might be better since it is optimized for clariions - but that's arguable of course.
shreejesh
Advisor

Thanks Bernd....

Can you pls tell me whether HP Tachyon XL2 FC HBA supports EMC Clariion CX300. If so any patch update is required?

Thanks & Regards,
Shreejesh.
shreejesh
Advisor

Dear All,

I am having HP VA7100 in this setup and now I have added two new EMC DS200B switches. But when I connect the VA to the new switches the port light is still amber and the port status is IN-sync ( it doesn't become online). I changed the port speed also. At 1GBps and auto-negotiate, the status is In-sync and for 2GBps it is no-sync. I am using LC-SC cable for switch-VA connectivity and the cables are confirmed working fine.Can anyone help to resolve this issue ?

Regards,
Shreejesh.