New Discussion юеВ

Re: Auto Raid with Tru64

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shantaram
Occasional Contributor

Auto Raid with Tru64

Hello all,

I have an Auto Riad box, which I intend to use it to configure an 2 node Tru64 cluster My doubt is is AutoRaid suported by Tru64 or will have to add any agent s/w or h/w to work with it.
regards..
Performance follows the laws of Inertia
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I do not think it's supported. But it does not mean it will not work. Autoraid is SCSI device, which presents max 8 LUNs to the host and it should comply with all SCSI specifications.
But in this config you'll not be able to manage autoraid with its ARM management software - it exists for hpux and windows only. And it's not good idea to connect Tru64 and hpux or windows host to autoraid at one time.
Thus only way to manage - front panel which sometimes does not give sufficient information about hardware state (note - I've said sometimes. Usually if something fails autoraid informs about it via control panel and amber led. Problem may appear if there will be intermittent issues)
Eugeny
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor
Solution

As usual Eugeny hit it.

To me it sounds like you want to setup a test cluster and were just looking for parts you could use for shared disk space. If that is the case go ahead use the front panel, set up LUNs and don't worry. Since there are no software monitors for the Array for Tru64 you might want to occasionally take a look at the AutoRaid's display...

If my assumption is wrong, and this is going to affect production work you should not consider an unsupported solution.

Regards,
Bernhard

Shantaram
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
thank you guys for u r response. yes it is jut a test cluster I would be using traning purpose. any ways me going to try using it. will let u guys knows it it works.
regards
Performance follows the laws of Inertia