Disk Enclosures
1753928 Members
8697 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

AutoRAID 12H shows new disks as "UNSUPPORTED DRIVE"?

Ted Ellis_2
Honored Contributor

AutoRAID 12H shows new disks as "UNSUPPORTED DRIVE"?

I just inserted 4 new drives into our AutoRAID 12H... C5447A. If I run arraydsp -a on the array, it shows the new drives with a Disk State of "UNSUPPORTED DRIVE". The Product ID is ST136403LC from Seagate. Anyone know if this is related to firmware, patching, or the drive model? The AutoRAID controllers are at firmware HP62 and the OS is HPUX 11.0.

Ted
4 REPLIES 4
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

Re: AutoRAID 12H shows new disks as "UNSUPPORTED DRIVE"?

I think that drive model is fine for the 12H and the recent drive f/w was HP04. (can't check my boxes here, but sounds familiar)

Where did the drives come from and do they have HP firmware?

-Denver
Ted Ellis_2
Honored Contributor

they are HP drives picked up from a certified HP reseller/partner. They show the same firmware as the drives already installed...
Ted Ellis_2
Honored Contributor

the drives all show HP01 firmware... so I am certainly due for firmware update there.
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Ted,

Even though the information is very late to you ..

Please find the solution..

The Unsupported Drive string was a feature that was put in to the firmware to prevent installing disk drives into the array that are truly unsupported. In this case the drive firmware was released after the controller firmware, so the drive is not in the array's disk table.

These drives have been tested in the array and are fully supported. We need to manually include the disk either from the front panel or by using the arraycfg -D {slot} -a {array S/N} command.

The {array S/N} may be found in the output of the arraydsp -i command.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]