3822 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AutoRaid 12H SCSCI cabling and X, Y controller question

SOLVED
Go to solution

AutoRaid 12H SCSCI cabling and X, Y controller question

Hi,

Background: AutoRaid 12H was conneted to 2xK580 server using x1,x2 and Y1,Y2 ports. THis was in MC/Servicegaurd Mode.

Now customer decided to use this 12H in non-cluster mode, meaning it is only connected to one K580 server. My question now is,
1. is it possible for me to use only one controller in 12 H ? that is X controller ? If yes, how can i remove Y controller from 12 H? simply removing gives me warning and 12 H is not Ready status.
2. K580 SCSI adapter got 2 scsi channels. i would like to use these two SCSI channel connecting to X1,X2 controller.

3. please clarify is 12H must have minimum 2 Array controllers ? ( X and Y Controller)OR it can be configure to work single array controller?

thanks in advace

5 REPLIES 5
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi There, yes it is possible to run with one controller. Here are the instructions on how to suppress the error message

http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg28371/lpg28371.pdf.

if you want to use it with the controller removed, that will be OK on the K580, or if you want to use the two channels on your K580 the manual suggests that you set up different scsi id's from the control panel,
hope this helps
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar

Hi Malvin,

I could not access the web link. it says page can not be found.

Please hlep me to verify the weblink.

Thanks for the info anyway.
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

I will try and enclose the 2 page pdf file for you
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Rather than removing the Y controller; it would be smarter to daisy-chain the X and Y controllers together. Make sure that the controllers have different SCSI ID's.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.

Hi Malvin/Clay,

Thanks for the info, i could not get one such document. Finally i manage to install two controller ( X, Y) and Dual SCSI HBA from K580. It worked. What is mislead me is one of the 12H service manual it mentioned minimum config is 2 controller. Your document help for me future need.

Thanks for your time and advise.