New Discussion юеВ

AutoRaid

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sean Ho
Occasional Contributor

AutoRaid

Hi,
Recently our group acquired a HP9000 UNIX machine with an autoraid attached, I did an ioscan found out there are two internal hard disk and 6 LUMs for the autoraid. After further interrogation using diskinfo I found out each of the lum hard disk had a capacity of 7.449 GB and a total of 7.45x6 equal 44.7 GB. However there are 8 phsical disks inside the autoraid (with 4 empty slots), each were labeled 4.3 SE, which gives me total of 4.3x8 equal 34.4 GB. I was baffled by this mismatch, can anyone help me out? thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: AutoRaid

The ioscan shows you 6 devices which is associated with the diskarray right ?

I think those are "paired", meaning one is primary path and the other is alternate path. So I think it should be ..
7.45GB x 3 = 22.35GB

Each disk is 4.3GB, ie 4.3GBx8=34.4GB, well that's fine.

Use arraydsp command to look inside the LUN configuration, there might be only 3 LUNS.

Sean Ho
Occasional Contributor

Re: AutoRaid

Hi,
Thanks for your comment, I also posted this question on the System Admin forum and had the answer. You're right there are only 3 LUNs for the autoraid when I using SAM to check the disk info, but an ioscan -f -C disk command would indicate the other 3 LUNs and total 6, it is quite misleading especially for a novice like me. The command arraydsp -a [ID] is very useful, my autoraid total physical is 32G, allocated to LUNs is 22G, active hot spare is 4G (about 10% of the total capacity) and 7G for redundancy. Thans for your help

Sean