1752280 Members
5012 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Automatic Data Recovery trouble

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Automatic Data Recovery trouble

I have a Proliant 3000-RAID 5 array (5 drives - 1 spare 9.1 Gb each), WIN NT 4, Oracle

Problem:
A drive had a reading error and went off-line, the Automatic Data Recovery was activated and started to built the spare drive but before it finished another error occurred and the system halted, after re starting the system a POST message 1779 (Replacement drive detected or previous failed drive appear to be operational) was displayed, DAAD Diagnostics returned the following errors:
a)Driver 5 RIS copy mismatch
b)No configuration for array accelerator board
c)array accelerator parity read errors: 14

When trying to boot to NT the NT DETECT failed message appears

How can I restore or continue to rebuild the spare drive ????
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Automatic Data Recovery trouble

there can still be a problem with one of the hard drives in your raid. You can unplug or remove the scsi cable so there are NO hard drives plugged into the smart array controller. Boot up with a smart start cd and run the system erase. This is Data destructive. This will erase any configuration that is sitting in the cache of the controller.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

If a run system erase without plugging the drive array will this action eliminate the RIS copy mismatch error, and will I have to configure again the array ??
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

It should eliminate the RIS copy mismatch. If it doesn't then you will have to flash the firmware on the Hard drives, Array controller and system BIOS. No you do not have to rebuild the array. All info for the RIS is stored on the hard drives. Once you plug it back into the array controller it will find your logical automatically. Please try to upgrade the firmwares first.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!